In order to recondition your engine, our dedicated team will steam clean it, strip it down, pressure test the cylinder head, re-hone and re-bore all moving and static parts as necessary and rebuild to our normal high standard. Engine reconditioning is part of Precision's everyday life and we have a number of on-going projects throughout each week. Please see our Projects page for more details.
Our dedicated team carry out the following:
- Magnetic and other non-destructive crack detection.
- Crankshaft grinding up to 9ft long and 11" stroke.
- Cylindrical grinding up to 9ft long and 29" diameter.
- Honing from the smallest bushes and bores up to 8" diameter.
- Line boring main bearings, camshaft bearings and various housings.
- Surface grinding or fly cutting of cylinder blocks, heads etc.
- Re-facing or surface grinding flywheels, clutch surfaces, brake drums and brake discs.
- Boring and fitting valve seat inserts, refacing valve seats and valves, unleaded fuel conversions, setting up valve clearances.
- Machining and fitting oversize or modified valve guides and valves.
- Hot degreasing and bead blasting.
- Engine re-building and bench testing when required.
- Gas/Mig/Tig/Arc welding of various components.
- Manufacturing, turning, milling, etc to produce unobtainable parts.
Back to top ^